Hosted by Lauren Appelbaum (@laurenappelbaum) of RespectAbility (@Respect_Ability), this Twitter chat will take a look at ideas explored in #BornThisWay by the young adults with Down syndrome and their parents.
Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 10:00-11:00 pm ET
Don’t have cable? You can livestream the show on A&E’s app.
You can find the questions for this chat in this post.
How to Participate
- When the chat begins, search #BTWchat on Twitter for a series of live tweets: https://twitter.com/hashtag/btwchat?f=tweets&vertical=default
- Follow @purpose2inspire, @Respect_Ability & @LaurenAppelbaum on Twitter.
- Use the hashtag #BTWchat when you tweet.
- Check out this explanation of how to participate in a chat by Ruti Regan: https://storify.com/RutiRegan/examplechat
Introductory Tweets for 6/20 Twitter Chat
- #BornThisWay continues tonight on @AETV. Don’t miss these incredible stories tonight at 10/9c.
- Welcome to our Twitter chat. Please remember to use the #BTWchat and #BornThisWay hashtags when you tweet.
- If you respond to a question such as Q1, your tweet should follow this format: “A1 [your message] #BTWchat”
- When we say PwDs or disability, we’re talking about all types of disability. Feel free to speak about specific communities #BTWchat
- For each domain, we’ll ask for your views, stories, potential solutions, recommendations #BTWchat
- Please share other thoughts as we also livetweet #BornThisWay during #BTWchat!
Questions for 6/20/16 #BornThisWay Chat
- #BTWchat Q1. Cristina moves into her own house on this episode of #BornThisWay. What advice do you have for her living independently?
- #BTWchat Q2. What advice do you have for parents whose adult children with disabilities are living independently for 1st time? #BornThisWay
- #BTWchat Q3. Megan wants to have a boyfriend & find a husband. What relationship challenges exist for people with I/DD? #BornThisWay
- #BTWchat Q4. What advice do you have for parents who want to teach their adult children with I/DD about sex? #BornThisWay
- #BTWchat Q5. How do you share your concerns about exploitation & ensure sexual safety? #BornThisWay
- #BTWchat Q6. Do you treat your children with I/DD differently than other children when talking to them about sex? #BornThisWay
- #BTWchat Q7. Party settings can cause anxiety. What advice do you have for dealing with this? #BornThisWay
- #BTWchat Q8. How does #BornThisWay differ from other reality TV shows like #KUWTK when it comes to portraying romance?