Our first Twitter chat was held on July 26, the season’s premiere. We followed that up with another chat on international travel and dating on August 9. Join us again on August 16 for a chat on living independently and employment and every week at 9/8c leading up each episode!
Featuring Megan Bomgaars, Born This Way cast member and owner of @Megologcom!
Hosted by Lauren Appelbaum and Cara Liebowitz of RespectAbility, this Twitter chat will take a look at ideas explored in Born This Way by the young adults with Down syndrome and their parents. Following this chat, join us in live tweeting each episode of the second season, airing on A&E at 10/9c.
The first half of our #BTWchat focuses on independent living. The second half of our #BTWchat focuses on employment for people with disabilities.
Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 9:00-10:00 pm ET
Don’t have cable? You can livestream the show on A&E’s app. You can find the questions for this chat in this post.
How to Participate
- When the chat begins, search #BTWchat on Twitter for a series of live tweets: https://twitter.com/hashtag/btwchat?f=tweets&vertical=default
- Follow @Respect_Ability, @Megologycom, @LaurenAppelbaum & @spazgirl11 on Twitter.
- Use the hashtag #BTWchat when you tweet.
- Check out this explanation of how to participate in a chat by Ruti Regan: https://storify.com/RutiRegan/examplechat
Introductory Tweets for August 16 #BTWchat
- #BornThisWay airs tonight on @AETV. Don’t miss these incredible stories at 10/9c. https://youtu.be/W1QRQCd_BAU
- Welcome to our Twitter chat. Please remember to use the #BTWchat and #BornThisWay hashtags when you tweet.
- If you respond to a question such as Q1, your tweet should follow this format: “A1 [your message] #BTWchat”
- When we say PwDs or disability, we’re talking about all types of disability. Feel free to speak about specific communities #BTWchat
- For each domain, we’ll ask for your views, stories, potential solutions, recommendations #BTWchat
- The themes for tonight’s #BTWchat includeliving independently and employment! Get excited #BornThisWay
Questions for 8/16/16 #BTWchat
The first half of our #BTWchat focuses on independent living. #BornThisWay
- Q1 In this episode of #BornThisWay, Sean moves closer to his goal of living on his own. What advice do you have for him? #BTWchat
- Q2 People w disabilities often have difficulty learning life skills to live on own. Share advice for those learning! #BornThisWay #BTWchat
- Q3 What factors of having a disability can make it harder for people with disabilities to live on their own? #BornThisWay #BTWchat
- Q4 Many #BornThisWay cast members have family support, especially regarding learning life skills. What role does your family play? #BTWchat
- Q5 Cristina is engaged to be married. How does marriage play into independent living for people with disabilities? #BornThisWay #BTWchat
The second half of our #BTWchat focuses on employment for people with disabilities. #BornThisWay
- Q6 In order to live independently, #BornThisWay cast members need jobs. Why is it harder for people with disabilities to find jobs? #BTWchat
- Q7 Sean has a job coach who helps him with his job at @HomeDepot. How has a job coach helped you or a loved one? #BornThis Way #BTWchat
- Q8 Megan started her own business @Megologycom. How is this path an opportunity for success for people w disabilities? #BornThisWay #BTWchat
- Q9 As featured in #BornThisWay season 1, Rachel has an office job. What advice do you have for people w disabilities seeking jobs? #BTWchat
Closing Tweets for August 16 #BTWchat
- This ends our #BTWchat chat. Many thanks to everyone who participated. Now let’s watch #BornThisWay!
- Please feel free to continue the convo & livetweet the episode using #BornThisWay!
- Let us know what you think is most surprising moment of the episode! What was the most powerful moment? #BTWchat