Hosted by Lauren Appelbaum (@laurenappelbaum) of RespectAbility (@Respect_Ability), this Twitter chat will take a look at ideas explored in #BornThisWay by the young adults with Down syndrome and their parents.
Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 10:00-11:00 pm ET
Don’t have cable? You can livestream the show on A&E’s app.
You can find the questions for this chat in this post.
How to Participate
- When the chat begins, search #BTWchat on Twitter for a series of live tweets: https://twitter.com/hashtag/btwchat?f=tweets&vertical=default
- Follow @purpose2inspire, @Respect_Ability & @LaurenAppelbaum on Twitter.
- Use the hashtag #BTWchat when you tweet.
- Check out this explanation of how to participate in a chat by Ruti Regan: https://storify.com/RutiRegan/examplechat
Introductory Tweets for 5/23 Twitter Chat
- #BornThisWay continues tonight on @AETV. Don’t miss these incredible stories tonight at 10/9c.
- Welcome to our Twitter chat. Please remember to use the #BTWchat and #BornThisWay hashtags when you tweet.
- If you respond to a question such as Q1, your tweet should follow this format: “A1 [your message] #BTWchat”
- When we say PwDs or disability, we’re talking about all types of disability. Feel free to speak about specific communities #BTWchat
- For each domain, we’ll ask for your views, stories, potential solutions, recommendations #BTWchat
- Please share other thoughts as we also livetweet the first two episodes of #BornThisWay during #BTWchat!
Questions for 5/23/16 #BornThisWay Chat
- Q1. Why can it be difficult to talk about your own disabilities with friends? #BornThisWay #BTWchat
- Q2. Why is it important for people with disabilities to have mentors with their same disability? #BornThisWay #BTWchat
- Q3. Why is it important for parents to have mentors who have children with the same disability? #BornThisWay #BTWchat
- Q4. Sean’s parents considered conserving (becoming guardians) but ultimately chose not to. What are your thoughts? #BornThisWay #BTWchat
- Q5. Rachel dreams to be an actress, but actors with disabilities are underrepresented. Why do you think this occurs? #BornThisWay #BTWchat
- Q6. Sean’s Baha implant is working “easy peasy.” How has technology assisted with your disability? #BornThisWay #BTWchat
- Q7. Do you think the portrayal of relationships in #BornThisWay is accurate? #BTWchat