The National Leadership Program: Leadership Fellowship
RespectAbility’s Leadership Fellowship is designed for people who are interested in learning how to manage a training program for Fellows and a budding disability training consultancy including alumni management, social media outreach, and strategic planning. Our program is fully accessible for people with disabilities and offers full-time in-house job coaching, skills development and networking opportunities.
Who We Want
The National Leadership Program is ideal for people who want to gain training administration and networking skills while making a positive difference for people with disabilities. We are looking for creative, results-driven individuals who want to achieve breakthrough results while getting hands-on experience. The Fellowship is ideal for college seniors and graduate students, as well as for people transitioning into the workforce for the first time or back into the workforce after a break.
The Fellows will work closely with all members of the Leadership team, but will report directly to the National Leadership Program Senior Manager. The Fellow will work on tasks to advance the mission of the department including alumni management, speaker and trainer management, and interdepartmental communication.
Projects will include enhancing the National Leadership Program alumni network, scheduling and coordinating National Leadership Program guest speakers, and moving current tracking platforms to a new database.
Each Fellow will receive many opportunities to learn new skills, network, and gain direct experiences. In addition to hands-on work experiences, all Fellows will participate in special presentations by guest speakers. Each Fellow will develop their own career plan and will work to advance the necessary skills to begin turning that plan into a reality.
Important Details for Applicants
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are strongly preferred, and Fellows should exhibit leadership skills to complete their own projects.
- Strong preference for college seniors and above.
- The Fellowship program lasts five and a half months.
- Core hours include between 11 AM-5:30 PM ET.
- Fellows are required to work 20 hours per week.
- Fellows will receive $17/hr.
- Your cover letter must explain why this Fellowship in particular is of interest to you and why you believe you have the skills, focus and independent drive to make a positive difference in your time with us at RespectAbility.
- A commitment of 20 hours per week.
- Participation in staff meetings and team meetings.
- Attendance in weekly speaker series.
- Work with the National Leadership Program Senior Manager on advancing your career goals. This will include strengthening your resume, cover letter and building your professional network.
RespectAbility provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RespectAbility complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All Fellowship Opportunities
- Public Policy and Civic Engagement
- Entertainment and News Media
- Communications and PR
- Nonprofit Management
- Faith Inclusion
- Fox Family Foundation Fellowship