Job Training and Help Finding a Job
- Finding a Job That’s Right for You: A Practical Approach to Looking for a Job as a Person with a Disability.
- Explore Careers, Find Training, Search for a Job: Find an American Job Center Near You.
- TalentWorks: Helping Employers Make Their eRecruiting Tools Accessible.
- Job Search Resources from the Ticket to Work Program.
- Applying for Federal Government Jobs.
Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Resources for Starting Your Own business from The Job Accommodation Network.
- CareerOneStop: Want to Start Your Own Business?
- U.S. Small Business Administration: Learn How to Write a Business Plan Quickly and Efficiently With a Business Plan Template.
- Do You Need Help Starting or Growing Your Business? Find a Mentor.
- USA.gov: Start Your Own Business.
Employment Laws and Other Civil Rights Protections
- Employment Rights: Who has Them and Who Enforces Them.
- Employees’ Practical Guides to Requesting and Negotiating Reasonable Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- A Guide to Disability Rights Laws.
- Employers and the ADA: Myths and Facts.
- Information About Disability Discrimination from the U.S Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Working While Receiving Social Security Disability Benefits
- Working While Disabled: How We Can Help.
- Work Incentives for People on Disability Benefits Who Want to Return to Work.
- Work Incentives and the Ticket to Work Program.
- The Red Book — A Guide to Work Incentives.
- Will I Lose My Medicare or Medicaid if I Work?
Making the Transition from School to Work
- Think College: Resources for People with Intellectual Disabilities and Their Families.
- PACER’s National Parent Center on Transition and Employment.
- Preparing Youth for Employment Success.
- Transition Services and College Planning: Helping Students with Disabilities Move from School to Adulthood.
- Guideposts for Success 2.0: A Framework for Successful Youth Transition to Adulthood.