The WarnerMedia Access Early Career Bootcamp, in partnership with Illuminative, MPAC Hollywood Bureau, RespectAbility, and the Transgender Film Center, seeks to serve early career talent who have deep aspirations to work in the entertainment industry, but little access to resources and opportunity.
By building “the pipeline that will feed the pipeline,” we are cultivating a steady flow of future content creators and future executives by providing an inside look at creating, developing, producing, marketing and distributing a TV show at a world-class media company. Socio-economic barriers and lack of access oftentimes prevents talent from even considering a career in Hollywood, so, through this workshop, participants who are keenly interested in what it takes to make a TV show can gain a deeper understanding of the business and learn about the various pathways one can take to get their foot in the door.
In this week-long bootcamp, 10 participants from RespectAbility as well as 30 selected from other organizations will get a comprehensive snapshot of the potential careers within the industry through the lifespan of a TV show, from Network Development to Post-Production, through several roundtable discussions with up-and-coming talent and junior executives. Facilitators would lead practical conversations on breaking-in and offer tangible tools to jump start their careers. In partnership with important nonprofit organizations, the Early Career Bootcamp furthers WarnerMedia’s commitment to cultivate the next generation of storytellers and give access to all.
Eligibility for this program:
- Identify as a person with a disability
- Have demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in entertainment, specifically within corporate studio positions (i.e. development, marketing, casting, business, etc.)
- Have less than one year of experience in the entertainment industry due to lack of access to the industry
Priority consideration will go to the following:
- Applicants who receive SSI, SNAP or TANF
- Grew up in a low-income family
- Unable to attend college or a first-generation college student