Voting has begun in the 2020 election, and the disability community has a lot at stake. The nonpartisan disability group RespectAbility has asked Democratic and Republican candidates for President, Governor and the U.S. Senate the same seven key questions about issues affecting people with disabilities. Below you can read responses from candidates who have already taken the time to address the concerns of voters with disabilities.
RespectAbility is still accepting responses to the candidate questionnaire from campaigns, so if a candidate has not answered the questions, please invite them to do so. We hope that this information will enable you to make informed decisions in this election. You can find full, detailed converge online at https://therespectabilityreport.org.
Issue Voter Guides
- English Language Learners and Immigrants with Disabilities
- Promoting Disability Employment Outcomes
- High School Graduation for Students with Disabilities
- Combating Stigmas for People with Disabilities
- Campaign Accessibility for Voters with Disabilities
- Community Inclusion for People with Disabilities
- Other Priorities for People with Disabilities