National Leadership Program, Summer 2017
Rachael Schindler was a Jewish Inclusion Apprentice at RespectAbility, where she worked to increase inclusion for people with disabilities in the Jewish community. She also managed the organization’s Jewish inclusion Facebook page.
A rising junior at Brandeis University, Schindler is majoring in Health: Science, Society and Policy as well as Legal Studies. She was thrilled to join the RespectAbility team to help enrich the lives of people with disabilities.
Schindler took an interest in this field at an early age. She was surrounded by people with intellectual and developmental disabilities through personal connections and her mother’s occupation. Schindler is active in the Brandeis Buddies program, taking active role in the College Park Best Buddies Walk that her siblings chaired.
Schindler profiled Steve Rakitt, Praw Ranaweera and Linda Burger, three guest speakers for the 2017 Summer Apprenticeship. Read them on our website:
- Choosing to Laugh – A Conversation with Jewish Disability Inclusion Champion Steve Rakitt
- The Value of Listening – Learning from The Gates Foundation’s Pras Ranaweera
- Leaving Life in a Better Place Than We Found It – Advice from Jewish Family Service’s Linda Burger
JOIN OUR TEAM!
RespectAbility is a nonprofit organization fighting stigmas and advancing opportunities for and with people with disabilities. Learn more about the National Leadership Program and apply for the next cohort! Contact BenS@RespectAbility.org for more information.
ALL APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- PUBLIC POLICY/EMPLOYMENT
- ENTERTAINMENT AND NEWS MEDIA
- NONPROFIT MANAGEMENT
- CIVIC ENGAGEMENT/COALITION BUILDING
- JEWISH INCLUSION
- APPRENTICESHIP FOR BLIND AND LOW-VISION LEADERS